Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hugh Jackman - Painting & Process Steps

This was initially created for a guest lecture on portraits and caricature that I was doing at the Art Institute of Colorado, for Don Long's "Advanced Drawing for Animators" class. I had sketches ready when I went to do the demo, and did the grayscale and initial color stages as demonstration in front of the class. Spent some time later finishing it up, it's shaped up to be one of my favorite pieces so far.

Below are some rough steps showing my process on this one. Total time spent: roughly 20 hours. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Toby Cochran said...

um. who are you and what have you done with Dustin?
This is hands down your best.

If you don't start making a living out of this soon I'm we're gonna have a lil talk!

great work man.