Sunday, December 4, 2011

In-Flight Sketches NYC: Andy Richter and Reggie Watts

On the flight to NYC for the Conan exhibit and show, I decided to try to sketch everyone that would be appearing on the Halloween live show that we were attending, just in case we got to meet any of them and get autographs.  The guests were Jimmy Fallon and Reggie Watts (also Mayor Bloomberg, but that was unannounced).  I sketched a couple of Jimmy Fallon, but those were awful so you don't get to see them.

I did a fun one of the co-host Andy Richter, and we did have the great fortune to meet him after the show, while he tried to sneak out incognito to do Halloween stuff with his kids.  He was super nice - I gave him the signed original sketch to take with him, and he signed a color copy I had made.  It's framed now, in the new Hallway of Fame (thanks Brooke for the idea to hang all the signed stuff there) and I just finally remembered to take a snapshot.

(Here's the awful phone pic of me and Andy - what a nice guy!)


I also drew Reggie Watts (if you don't know who he is, you should go find out http://reggiewatts.com/ ) and it came out to be one of my favorite sketches ever.  Unfortunately we never got to see him, but I still hope to get a signed copy to him and a signed one from him somehow.


No comments: